Shopping for Illinois Car Insurance Quotes?
Call 630-243-5500 for Illinois Car Insurance Quotes
Shopping for Illinois Car Insurance Quotes? Greene Insurance Group is your one stop for the best coverage and rates on auto insurance in Illinois. As an Illinois Independent Insurance Agent, Greene Insurance compares insurance rates from dozens of top-rated insurance companies to find the best coverage and prices on Illinois Car Insurance.
Illinois Car Insurance Requirements
To comply with Illinois Insurance Laws, you are required to maintain liability insurance and property damage on your automobile insurance.
Liability insurance helps cover your costs associated with injuries and property damage to others resulting from a car accident you cause.
Illinois State Minimum Auto Insurance Coverage Limits are:
- $25,000 for bodily injury per person
- $50,000 total for bodily injury per accident
- $20,000 for property damage
Uninsured and Under-insured Motorist Insurance
We recommend all drivers carry un-insured and under-insured motorists bodily injury coverage to help cover injuries to you and/or your passengers in a car accident with an uninsured driver (or a driver whose auto insurance limits are not adequate to cover your costs). Uninsured/under-insured motorist car insurance coverage will not cover property damage.
Optional Car Insurance coverage
When shopping for Illinois Car Insurance, consider optional coverage types for further protection. Most Car Insurance companies offer the following types of optional coverage:
- Collision – This will help cover damages to your car after a traffic accident.
- Comprehensive – Helps pay for repairs of non accident-related damages to your car such as fire, theft, vandalism, hail, glass, falling objects.
- Medical payments – This will help cover costs from accident-related injuries to yourself or passengers.
- Uninsured motorist property damage – This will cover damage to your car after an accident with an uninsured driver.
You are required to carry your insurance identification card in your vehicle at all times. If you are involved in an accident or stopped for a moving violation, you will be asked to provide the officer this card as proof of insurance. If you are unable to provide a police officer with proof of insurance, you will be considered an uninsured driver and may be issued a traffic citation. If you are convicted of driving without a valid insurance policy, you will face the following penalties:
- Suspension of your auto registration
Financial Responsibility Insurance (SR-22/SR22), helps monitor drivers with poor driving records by ensuring that they have car insurance. You may be required to purchase SR-22 insurance and file an SR-22 certificate if you:
- Have several traffic violations on your record.
- Have several insurance violations.
- Have had your driver’s license suspended or revoked.
Your car insurance company can file an SR-22 certificate with the State of Illinois on your behalf.
Determining Your Illinois Car Insurance Premium
When shopping for insurance, remember that car insurance companies can use the following factors to determine your when shopping for car insurance quotes:
- Driving record
- Marital status
- Your car’s make and model
- Your average mileage
- Credit history
- The types of optional car insurance you purchase
- Your deductible (out-of-pocket expenses you must pay towards a claim)
- The higher your deductible, the lower your premium
Illinois Car Insurance Discounts
One way to get affordable car insurance rates is to take advantage of any discounts for which you are eligible. When making car insurance comparisons, ask about the following standard discounts:
- Good driver discount.
- Good student discount.
- Multi-car discount.
- Homeowner’s discount.
- Defensive driver discount.
- This is usually afforded to seniors after taking a defensive driving course.
- Anti-theft device.
- Safety device.
While discounts are a great way to get low-cost car insurance, your best bet for affordable car insurance rates is to maintain a clean driving record. Obey traffic laws and drive safely to get the best possible rates.